Fall Atelier 2010October 20, 2010
Intercoiffure America/Canada (ICA) Members Dig Deep to Help City of HopeApril 17, 2011
MIAMI: It wasn’t just another hair show in Miami when celebrity artists and the industry’s most successful salon owners gathered on April 17-18 for a full program of creative presentations and business workshops. What made ICA’s Spring Symposium, one of Intercoiffure America/Canada’s two annual events, unique was the exceptional access to the industry’s top talent.
“Our members attend the Symposium to meet other owners and artists who are as passionate and driven as themselves,” says Lois Christie, President, Intercoiffure America/Canada (ICA). “Certainly, the presentations and workshops are superb. But the sharing of knowledge and ideas face to face with professionals like Gina Khan or Vivienne Mackinder is exhilarating.”
Here are a few highlights!
Blondes—The Salon’s Best Friend!
Under the leadership of creative director Gina Khan and Jo Blackwell-Preston, members of the Haircolor Council had the most fun with blondes—and demonstrated why this is such a profitable tone.
Smoke and Mirrors — A Tour de Force from Damien Carney and Sue Pemberton
Magicians Damien Carney of Damien Carney London and Sue Pemberton, Joico’s Vero K-Pak International Artistic Director, amazed with their mastery of styling and color.
Gina Khan’s Optical Illusions of Color
It’s a mystery—how Gina Khan can create such voluptuous yet such salon-friendly tones!
We Shall Overcome! Hairdressers Against AIDS
Andrew Bartfield and friends remembered the past and looked forward to a beautiful future.
Shadows & Shapes—Vivienne Mackinder Makes the Abstract Wearable
Vivienne Mackinder brought together the most elemental components of architecture and hairdressing in her new Spring Trend Collection.
Beauty and the Beach—The Sequel
What’s an Intercoiffure event without the energy and wit of Intercoiffure Nouveau? Perry Monge and his Nouveau apprentices outdid themselves in this stylish romp.
Sunday Finale: TREND VISION 2011
Celebrity artist and P&G Professional Creative Director Fabio Sementilli headlined this extravaganza of sumptuous style and visual artistry.
The Best in Business Education for the Salon
- Geno Stampora presented “Five Key Ideas for Business Today”
- Billion Dollar Business Panel presented “Thriving Beyond Surviving,” facilitated by Gina Khan and featuring Maryanne McCormack, Lois Christie, Adam Broderick, Andreas Zafiriadis and Joseph Cartagena
- Sue Pemberton presented “Look and Learn,” featuring J-Color
- HANDS-ON! The Haircutting Council, with creative directors Frank Gambuzza and Anthony Muti, taught the cuts behind their collection “Take Home, Take Three”
- Vivienne Mackinder led “The Conceptual Creativity of a Photo Shoot”
- Salon business guru Reg Laws presented “Profitable Relationships”