Protect Your Business with ADA Compliance for your WebsiteNovember 30, 2022
You Can, and Should, Talk About Mental Health at WorkDecember 6, 2022
Thoughts from a school owner: ICA President Sheila Zaricor-Wilson is joined by school owner and ICA School Partner, Hans Burkert as they discuss what salon owners need to know when speaking to students and what students need to know when speaking with salon owners.
About Hans Burkert:
Born in Chicago in 1965 to a German immigrant father and a first generation mother of Polish and Sicilian descent. I had a great grandfather and grandfather that were barbers as well as an aunt that was a cosmetologist so I had the opportunity to grow up experiencing this great industry first hand. It was always a wonderful display of ones creativity and artistic abilities. This also allowed me to see what a great career and business it is. As I started my beauty school education I also started taking business classes at a local college. But I have to say that the most important and incredible education I received was working for both Franco and Mario Tricoci, I feel I learned the most real knowledge of this industry from them. It was the best experience anyone could have asked for.
- Early 1980’s Tristino and Tricoci School of Hair Design
- 1983 – 1987 at Franco Tricoci Salons
- 1987 – 1994 at Mario Tricoci Salon and Day Spa
- 1990 January-October at Vidal Sassoon Toronto
- 1991 June and July at Karl Kuhnz Wurzburg
- 1994 – 2013 Faaj Hair Salon and Spa (Owner)
- 2001 – 2004 Tricoci School of Hair Design (Partners with Franco and James Tricoci)
- 2006 – Presently Capelli Salon Academy (Owner)