Membership & Partnership Information
There are three different categories for Membership and/or Partnership for Intercoiffure America/Canada. Based on the criteria below, please download the application packet and send it in.
Learn more about ICA Membership
From ICA President, Frank Gambuzza, and ICA Membership Chair, Candy Shaw.
Mail your application & payment to:
Attn: Brittany Williams
1645 Downtown West Blvd., Suite 18
Knoxville, TN 37919
Have questions about Membership/Sponsorship? Contact Candy Shaw, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Criteria for Class “A” Membership:
- Must own at least 50% of a salon or barber shop.
- Must be a licensed cosmetologist or barber.
- Must own a commission based or salary based salon or barber shop.
- Must be sponsored by a member of ICA in your state or (2) ICA members if out of your state.
- No booth rental salons or barber shops, chair rental suites, rental salons/barber shops, other types of non-employee or rent based businesses and any individual utilizing an independent contractor in their salon or barber shop are not eligible to be a Class A Member.
Portfolio Requirements for Presentation
Your portfolio should be in a covered binder and contain the following:
- Current resume, including a brief biography of yourself and your business history
- Photos of your salon(s)
- Professional photos of your recent hair designs (photo shoots, minimum of 6), make-up artistry, or other activities
- Examples of national/local publicity, advertising, and promotional pieces
- Price list and services offered
Criteria for Class “A” Partner:
- Own a salon or barber shop, OR have a financial interest in a salon or barber shop owned by a Class A member.
- Does not require a cosmetology or barber license.
- Individuals that qualify for Class A membership cannot elect to be a Class A Partner instead.
- No booth rental salons or barber shops, chair rental suites, rental salons/barber shops, other types of non-employee or rent based businesses and any individual utilizing an independent contractor in their salon or barber shop are not eligible to be a Class A Partner.
Criteria for New Manufacturer Partnership:
Reserved for manufacturers of premium professional beauty products and related industries. This partnership gives you access to the elite salon owners who comprise Intercoiure’s primary membership. Manufacturer partners are invited to showcase their brands and network with ‘A’ Members at Intercoiure events.
ICA Manufacturer Partner policy:
In respect to current paying manufacturer partners and sponsors, each brand must have a separate manufacturer partnership and sponsorship requiring a separate and additional fee. Individual Brands shall not be considered part of or fall under an umbrella sponsorship.
Under no circumstances will non-paying brand representatives, non-paying sponsors representatives, members or any entity be allowed to promote any product or brand outside of ICA show areas during show hours, commissioned events or parties. This behavior will be grounds for a dismissal or ban from ICA events indefinitely. (i.e inviting ICA members to hotel rooms, dinners or meetings to promote a product during ICA Spring or Fall Ateliers dates.)
Criteria for School Partner:
- A licensed or accredited beauty or barber school, academies, and education centers that result in a cosmetology or barber license issued to attendees
- May not own or have a financial interest in a salon or barber shop owned by a Class A member
- The School Partner, not any individual, is the admitted participant and shall be identified by School name.
Criteria for Specialty Partnership:
- Individuals and businesses who do not meet the requirements for any other partner categories.
- Includes, but is not limited to: platform artists, celebrity artists, makeup artists, freelance specialty talent, professionals, photographers, any professional in the beauty, fashion or media industry, academies, and employees of Class A Members.